plant mom

Saturday, July 21, 2018


           Ever since I was a child, dreaming of my the home I'd have someday, I always wanted to fill it with books and plants. I can't think of any two things that are better for the soul. Maybe it's the day dreamer and the hippie in me. Maybe it's because I always remember those two things about the home I grew up in. 

            Early this morning, I got in my car and made a trip to a botanical wonderland and picked out two plants, grabbed some pots so they'd have a home, and some soil. I ended up picking a camille plant and a maiden hair fern. 


MEET MY NEW PLANTS

Camille

Dieffenbachia maculata
I call her: Camilla (Get it? Haha - I'm lame)

Maiden Hair Fern

Adiantum pubescens 
I call her: Lorelei



            The second I put these guys in my home, my mood was instantly lifted and it felt as if there was life to my space. Research tells me that Lorelei is going to be a bit high maintenance and to keep Camilla far away from my roommate's cats. Fingers crossed that I don't become a plant killer because I'm sure I'll grow into a full fledged plant serial killer. So if you have any love and advice or suggestions for good indoor plants to adopt, please comment below!

With love, S. 

Post a Comment

instagram

© The Sunflower Collective. Design by FCD.