moving = living

Saturday, July 28, 2018


             Last week I went to the Tennessee Aquarium, and looking into the salt water tanks and watching the schools of fish, the sharks sea turtles, and stingrays swim by, I overheard a conversation between a father and his son. The father was describing how (certain types of) sharks had to keep swimming in order to live. Their whole lives and they never still... How wild is that? Sharks physically have to keep moving in order to live. If they're not moving, they can't produce oxygen.

            I kept going back to that idea, and I very quickly began to find a lot of symbolism in it. And I fully believe that if you look hard enough, God leaves us knowledge and advice to equip us, and not only in prayer and the bible, but guidance that can be found within his creations. It reminds us that if we're not moving: growing, changing, or evolving, then how could we possibly be living out our lives to the fullest?

            Keep going, keep moving forward. Even if you're scared. There's always room to grow and there's always new and exciting places around the corner. We weren't made to stand still. God created a far better legacy for us.

             Sometimes I let fear immobilize me, but real talk: you're never gonna grow inside your comfort zone. I think we sometimes have this fear of being defined by our failures. But in all honesty, I've discovered that we're defined by our actions, by our character, by our story, and failure is a part of that journey. And then sometimes it's not even about fear, it's about settling. Sometimes I just get used to things and before I know it, time is passing and I really didn't grow during that time. Carry that reminder, to always seek opportunities for growth. Don't let your goals and passions become a concept for the someday. Do something today, move today.

So remember, just keep swimming and moving = living.

With love, S.

Post a Comment

instagram

© The Sunflower Collective. Design by FCD.