things i'd rather be than pretty

Friday, July 13, 2018



            Today, I want to encourage you to grab a pen, sit down with a notebook and begin writing a list (you will soon learn that I am a huge fan of lists). I want you to write down a list of all the things you would rather be than pretty. We spend so much time obsessing over how we look. And while there's nothing wrong with dedicating some time to work on your appearance, I think too often we become concerned with this idea that we are defined by our appearance - to the point that other things aren't as important. And that just shouldn't be the case... I found this exercise, and I instantly fell in love with the idea. Every word I wrote down, I gave thought. Each word has power to me, and each word I hope to embody.

THINGS I'D RATHER BE THAN PRETTY

  brave
  nurturing
  conscientious
  smart
  empathetic

  humble
  ambitious
  devoted
  polite
  free-spirited
  kind
  self-disciplined
  captivating
  inspiring
  loyal
  philanthropic
  loving
  open-minded
  philosophical
  generous
  trustworthy
  funny
  engaging
  wise
  soulful
  driven
  adventurous
  well-read
  creative
  determined
  charitable
  thoughtful
  hard-working
  intuitive
  encouraging
  gracious

What are some things you would rather be than pretty?
I'd love to hear your ideas!

Post a Comment

instagram

© The Sunflower Collective. Design by FCD.