goals and intentions for the end of the year

Saturday, September 1, 2018


            Don't mind me, over here jumping up and down for joy that it is finally September. I feel as if I finally find myself again when September hits and I find that spark I've been searching for all through the hot and humid summer months (I am not a summer person, if you can't tell). Anyways, today I felt really encouraged to set some intentions for the next few months, intentions that I hope will already be apart of my routine by the new year.

    • read more. I don't want to put a number on it, but I really would like to make an effort to always carry a book with me and always give a part of my time each day to read some.
    • write more. I also definitely want to put more time into this little blog as well as the stories that are inside my head.
    • a hundred days project. If you haven't heard of the hundred days project, it's when you pick a skill you want to improve on and you work on it everyday for a hundred days. I have a few ideas, but I would really like to start on it in the next few months.
    • drink more water.  I would love to get in the habit again of choosing water over other beverages, which I know if I set my mind to it for just a few short weeks I'll be back to being a full time water drinker. 
    • dive more into natural, intentional living. I'm slowly but surely getting rid of all the toxic products in my home and replacing them with natural and healthier alternatives. By the new year I hope I can look at my home and truly see that I've been intentional with this goal.
    • join young living. If you haven't heard of Young Living, from the sounds of it and from what I've researched it's a pretty incredible company all about essential oils and natural, non toxic products. I'm currently in the midst of saving up the extra money to invest in it.
    • paint more. I actually painted and completed a painting this week for the first time in I don't know how long, and I can't put into words how filling it was. 
    • practice gratitude. I want to be more mindful of the things I'm blessed to have in my life and practice gratitude as often as I can. Gratitude = Joy.
    • work on my relationship with Christ. I want to be more intentional with my time with the Lord and how I let that shine out in my actions.
            So there you have it! How I plan to be intentional in the remainder of this year. Do you have any goals for the upcoming months? Are you as excited for this season as I am? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below!

With love, S.

Post a Comment

instagram

© The Sunflower Collective. Design by FCD.